The City of Sevierville is issuing a traffic alert for the downtown area effective Sunday morning, December 9, 2018.
The Santa Hustle road race is scheduled to start at 7:30AM, leaving from the Wilderness Resort on Old Knoxville Highway. The route will go into Pigeon Forge and affect the following roads. Lane closures will begin between 5:00AM-7:00AM and end by 11:30AM.
• Old Knoxville Highway (northbound travel lanes closed) between the Wilderness Resort and Gists Creek Road.
• Gists Creek Road (eastbound travel lanes closed) between Old Knoxville Highway and Highway 66.
• Highway 66 (southbound right travel lane closed) between Gists Creek Road and Main Street.
• Forks of the River Parkway (southbound right travel lane closed) from Main Street to the Parkway.
• Parkway (southbound right travel lane closed) from Forks of the River Parkway to the Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge.
Between 5:00AM-6:00AM, traffic cones and barricades will be erected and should be removed by 11:30AM. Traffic will be maintained on all of these roads however significant delays may occur to provide for the safety of the race participants. Motorists are strongly encouraged to avoid the area and select alternate routes.