The City of Sevierville Parks and Recreation Department has scheduled a lifeguard certification class at the Sevierville Community Center on the following dates and times. Registration will begin on March 7.
• April 10: 5 p.m. (Pre-Course Water Skills Test)
• April 13: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
• April 14: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• April 27: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• April 28: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Participants must be at least 15 years old, place in the top-10 of the pre-course skills test, and register before attending classes. The course fee is $120.00, which is due after the skills test for those not applying for jobs at the City of Sevierville.
For those who apply and are subsequently employed by the City, the Parks & Recreation Department will pay the $120 course fee after the applicant successfully passes the written and physical lifeguard certification tests and agrees to the following:
1. Submit to and pass pre-employment drug testing; and
2. Work a minimum average of 20 hours per week for 12 weeks during the months of May, June, July and August.
If the applicant does not fulfill the above requirements, the applicant will reimburse the City of Sevierville the $120 course fee.
For additional information, please call 453-5441.