SALARY: $73,178 - $88,949 with excellent benefits
The essential function of the position within the organization is to ensure the stable and secure operation of the City’s technology network. This position is responsible for staff supervision, planning, organizing, and co-directing of technical operational, and information-related activities of the city. Responsibilities include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, securing, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The position works independently, reporting activities to I.T. Manager on a regular basis.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Supervises and directs staff, including recommending selection, training, scheduling, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and recommending termination.
- Responsible for administering and coordinating all communications equipment (computer & server networks, ethernet switches, fiber optic switches, firewalls, routers, access points, wireless backbones, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of network systems.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation and uptime within the network infrastructure.
- Ensures system hardware, network systems, network software, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and concepts.
- Assists with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of our standard project management methodology; including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research and development within life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing, and rolling-out the solutions.
- Contributes to projects by focusing on the technical aspects with a smooth transition of projects from the development phase to the use/production phase by performing operations activities within the project life cycle.
- Attends technical or professional classes, seminars, or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
- Must have technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and workstation operating systems, Microsoft Office, and related software.
- Must have technical knowledge of personal computers, network servers, network protocols, routers, switches, wireless networking, network and firewall best practices, and programming techniques.
- Must have a broad range of knowledge including but not limited to network design and capacity planning, static routing, DNAT rules firewall rules, port forwarding rules, VLAN systems, and BGP systems.
- Certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, Network+, or equivalent certifications are preferred, and must have one of these certifications prior to end of probationary period of 6 months.
- Requires valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Network Administrator” to:
City of Sevierville
Attn: Human Resources
P. O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
The City of Sevierville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class as identified under Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended), the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, the Tennessee Human Rights Act, or on any basis protected by law.