The Facility Maintenance Department is now accepting applications and/or resumes for the part-time time position of Maintenance Worker I. The essential function of the position includes but is not limited to general maintenance making minor repairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment.
- Perform custodial duties and general housekeeping.
- Performs minor preventive building maintenance
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
This position requires a high school diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training and at least 3 months of related experience.
This position will work approximately 24 hours a week and will require some weekends.
Please submit an online application or mail application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Maintenance Worker” to the City of Sevierville, Attn: Human Resources, P. O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864-5500.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)