SALARY: $14.62 hourly
This position’s primary duties are:
- Operates various hand tools and power tools such as chainsaw, weedeater, compactors, jack hammer, concrete saw, blower, power tools, etc. in general maintenance of ROW and City facilities.
- Mows and weedeat ROW and City-owned property, edges sidewalks, sprays weed killer. Trims or cuts trees and/or tree limbs.
- Collects litter and removes dead animals or debris on ROW.
- Patches potholes and performs minor ROW maintenance.
- Performs installation and repair of drainage facilities.
- Performs minor repair and maintenance of bridges.
- Sets up traffic control, flags, and directs traffic.
- Operates snow removal vehicles and equipment that does not require Commercial Driver’s License.
- Operates forklift.
- Performs labor in collecting leaves or other yard waste.
- Cleans vehicles and equipment.
- Assists with traffic control for special events.
- Delivers solid waste dumpsters and 95-gallon containers.
- Maintains required documentation such as work orders, logs, or records, and submits to supervisor periodically.
Requires high school diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training. Requires valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Requires three months of related experience.
Requires medium to heavy work involving standing or walking all of the time, stooping, lifting, pushing, digging, raising objects, exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force on a regular basis, 50-100 lbs on an occasional basis, and moderate dexterity and skill in operating machinery or tools.
Please submit application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Service Worker – Streets Dept.” to City of Sevierville, P.O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864, Att. Human Resources
Learn more about working for the City of Sevierville as a part-time employee: https://sway.office.com/ApAGkkkus4G8yjqm?ref=Link&loc=play
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)