What: Parks and Recreation Announces “Flurry of Fun” Program Open Registration
Where: Sevierville Community Center
When: Program Begins December 28, 2020
The Sevierville Parks and Recreation Department is accepting registration for the Flurry of Fun Program. This is a fun and active Christmas holiday break program.
Flurry of Fun is for children from kindergarten age through sixth grade (older children may be accepted). Activities will include swimming, cosmic bowling, soccer, dodgeball, whiffleball, basketball and kickball. Scheduled field trips include Sevier Air Trampoline Park, ice skating at Ober Gatlinburg, The Wilderness Resort Water Park, The Island in Pigeon Forge, Golden Corral for lunch, and Governor’s Crossing Cinema.
The program dates are December 28, 29, 30, January 4 and 5. The registration fee is $120.00 for all five days (includes most lunches and field trips). Additional information and registration is available at seviervilleparksandrec.com.
Upcoming Temporary Closures at Community Center and Civic Center
Sevierville Community Center and Civic Center
The Sevierville Department of Parks and recreation announces the following temporary closures.
On Friday, November 13:
• The 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. aerobics classes will be held at the Civic Center.
• The Fitness Center will be open from 6:00 am-8:00 am and then be closed for four-five hours to move equipment. Estimated reopening time is 1:30 p.m., but please call before coming to the Community Center for you reserved Fitness Center time.
On Monday, November 16, the Community Center and the Civic Center will be closed until 10:00 a.m. to allow for staff training.
What: Community Center Gymnasium Reopening
Where: Sevierville Community Center
When: Monday, October 12, 2020
The Sevierville Community Center gymnasium will be reopening for general use beginning Monday, October 12. The gymnasium has been closed for several months in accordance with the Tennessee Pledge to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee recently signed Executive Order 63, allowing the reopening of gymnasiums under new guidelines.
Beginning On November 16 gymnasium will be open full court.
Monday and Wednesday
6:00 AM-12:00 PM - FULL COURT OPEN
Closed for Cycling 12:30pm-1:30pm
1:30 PM-3:00 PM - FULL COURT OPEN
Closed for Afterschool and Aerobics 3:00 PM-6:30 PM
6:30 PM-8:30 PM FULL COURT OPEN
Tuesday and Thursday
6 AM -8:30 AM - FULL COURT OPEN
Closed for Afterschool Program 3:00 PM- 5:30 PM
6:00 AM - 8:30 AM FULL COURT OPEN
Closed for Afterschool Program 3:00 PM -5:00 PM
9:30 AM-12:30 PM FULL COURT OPEN
Reservations will be required and use will be limited to ten persons. For additional information, please call 865-453-5441.
What: Parks and Recreation Department Makes COVID-19 Pandemic Policy Changes
Where: Sevierville, TN
When: Effective Immediately
The City of Sevierville Parks and Recreation Department has made several COVID-19 pandemic related policy changes in response to Governor Bill Lee’s recent Executive Order 63. The changes are effective immediately.
• All outdoor facilities are open, including playgrounds. CDC guidelines for playground use are posted.
• The Community Center will continue to follow Tennessee Pledge guidelines. Indoor facility users and staff are required to wear facial coverings, social distancing measures are being taken and users are subject to temperature checks at entry. To maintain social distancing measures, it is necessary to modify the use of certain facilities within the Community Center. Examples include:
o Reservations will be continued to be required to swim, use the Fitness Center and attend all exercise classes.
o One-half of the gymnasium will be opened for basketball on a limited schedule and reservations will be required. (Please note: basketball play will not be available until Monday, October 12.)
o One racquetball court will be open and reservations will be required.
• The Civic Center will follow Tennessee Pledge guidelines. Facility users and staff are required to wear facial coverings, social distancing measures are being taken and users are subject to temperature checks at entry.
For additional information, please call 865-453-5441.
Section of West Prong Greenway Temporarily Closed
Adjacent to River Place Shopping Center
The City of Sevierville has closed a small section of the West Prong Greenway pending repairs to a nearby retaining wall.
The closed section (see attached map) is on the west side of the West Prong Little Pigeon River, adjacent to River Place Shopping Center.
The retaining wall is part of the shopping center property and has been identified as in need of repairs by an engineer hired by the shopping center owner. The engineer notified the City in a letter yesterday (September 30) evening that the retaining wall was a safety concern and recommended closure of the greenway near the retaining wall pending repairs.
The greenway will be reopened when engineers have deemed it is safe to do so. No estimated date is available at this time.