Open Burning Permit
A permit is required for open burning in accordance with Section 7-102 of the Sevierville Municipal Code. All open burning sites must be inspected prior to burning. Permits are granted with the conditions as listed.
Permits are available Monday through Friday between 8-5.
- An adult (over 18 years of age) is present on site during the burn.
- Water or other extinguishing materials are available at the side.
- No gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel, or flammable solids are to be used as an accelerant.
- Wind velocity does not exceed five (5) miles per hour.
- All burning must comply with State of Tennessee Air Quality Law, i.e., only untreated wood or wood waste may be burned. The issuance of the permit does not relieve the applicant of the necessity to obtain any required State permits.
- Complaints may void the permit and require extinguishment.
- Water required to control or extinguish the burn will be billed to the Permit Holder.
Please verify if you are in the Sevierville city limits by visiting our
Inside city limits:
Outside city limits (in the county):