Building & Sign Permits
Building permits (including temporary tent permits) and sign permits are accepted online at
Contractors and residents will have the ability to:
- Apply and pay Online for Permits
- Submit Plans, Surveys and Document “Paperless” in PDF Format
- Track Application Progress up to Permit Issuance
- View and Print Copies of Letter Documents Received from Sevierville any time
- Request Inspections Online
- View and Print Completed Inspection Reports
- Receive Real-Time E-mail Notifications When an Inspection is Completed
The MyGovernmentOnline software will allow you to begin applying for your permits online rather than traveling to a designated permit office. Please note that any documents required with an application, such as Floor Plans, Site Plans, Surveys, etc. must be uploaded in PDF format when submitting your application.
When requesting inspections online, the policy will remain that you must submit your inspection request prior to 3PM to have an inspection performed the next business day. Our inspectors will enter inspection results in the field to ensure you will receive your inspection result via e-mail or through the customer portal in near real-time.
If you need any assistance pertaining to the use of the MyGovernmentOnline software, please call the technical support line at 1-866-957-3764, option 1 for assistance. The agents can assist with any software related questions.