City of Sevierville - Logo

Flood Information

Electronic Plan Submittal

Submit site plans, building plans or subdivisions here

Submit site plans, building plans or subdivisions.

Building & Sign Permits

Apply for a Building Permit online here

Apply for a Building or Sign Permit online.

Code Enforcement

building code violations 52

Report a possible code violation online.

Building & Development Information

The following reference is intended as a guide to aid contractors, developers and property owners in obtaining approvals and permits for projects being planned within the City of Sevierville.

 Site Plan Approval

The Sevierville Regional Planning Commission must approve any proposed commercial, industrial, multi-family, planned unit or public building development within the City of Sevierville. A registered professional in the State of Tennessee must prepare the site plan. An electronic copy of the site plan must be submitted to planning staff, no less than twenty (20) days prior to the next scheduled Planning Commission meeting via the online application. Planning Commission meetings are regularly scheduled for the first Thursday of each month. Contact City Planning Staff for meeting times and a copy of the pdf Development Review Guidelines (1.22 MB) .


The Department of Code Enforcement reviews and approves building plans, issues permits and provides inspection services. All new and remodeling construction requires a building permit, submitted online. Plans must be submitted in accordance with the Policy on Requirements for Stamped or Sealed Drawings. Plans will be reviewed and corrected, and returned. This process usually takes fifteen (15) to twenty (20) working days. In addition to building permits, the Dept. of Code Enforcement issues the following permits: Sign Permits;  Structure Moving Permits; Demolition Permits and Temporary Structure Permits. Contact the Dept. of Code Enforcement Staff for more information.

Water and Sewer

The Department of Water and Sewer must be contacted and tap fees paid prior to any connections to the water or sewer systems. Contact the Department of Water and Sewer for more information, availability of service and for fees associated with taps. Sevierville City Hall, Sevierville, TN 37862 (865) 453-5504.

If public water and/or sewer are not available, contact Sevier County Health Department for permits and inspection on private systems. Sevier County Health Dept. (Environmental Services), 226 Prince St., Sevierville, TN 37862 (865) 429-1766

Natural Gas

Sevier County Utility District (SCUD) must be contacted if natural gas service is desired. SCUD provides inspection services for piping and equipment installation. For additional information and fees for connection to the service contact SCUD. Sevier County Utility District, 420 Robert Henderson Rd., Sevierville, TN 37862 (865) 453-3272.

Electrical Permits

Sevier County Electric System (SCES) must be contacted for electrical service. SCES provides engineering and inspections for service lines. The State of Tennessee requires permits and provides inspections for the building services. Contact SCES for more information. Sevier County Electric System, 315 E. Main St., Sevierville, TN 37862 (865) 453-2887.

Planning Deadline

Items to be considered for action by the Sevierville Planning Commission must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. 28 days prior to the meeting. 

Contact Us

Department of Code Enforcement

Charles Valentine, Building Official / Flood Plain Manager
Dan Somerfield, Building Inspector
Henry Sutton, Building Inspector
Eric Denton, Code Enforcement Officer

120 Gary Wade Blvd.
Sevierville, TN 37862
Phone: 865.453.5504


Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm